Saturday, December 17, 2011

Introducing Olga Bukhina

I am happy to introduce a new writer on the WGRCLC blog.  Olga Bukhina will be writing a post or two a week.  Please welcome her to the blog!

From Olga Bukhina about herself:

I live and work in New York and love translating books from English into Russian. I have has published eighteen translations of books for children (including books by Louise Fitzhugh, Carl Sandburg, C. S. Lewis, Enid Blyton, Philippa Pearce, Mary Steward, and Elizabeth George Speare) and the historical fiction of Philippa Gregory and others. I publish my translations in Moscow where I am from. I also write about children's and young readers' literature for various journals and collections in Russia, the U.S., and Latvia. My short stories in English are published by "And Then" in New York and by "Clockwise Cat." My poetry and prose in Russian has appeared in "The Russian Street" and "Slovo/Word" in New York. I just published a fiction/nonfiction children's book "Your Language - My Friend" (co-authored with Galina Gimon) for the Children's Project of Lyudmila Ulitskaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment